Mr. Shife's March Madness - Day 8

I know I am in a different place than I was last year. Five years ago. 10 years ago. You get the idea but sometimes life sends you a reminder that you just don't do the things you used to do.



Oh you were waiting for an example. I guess that would be nice of me.
Well as luck would have it I came prepared.

There is going to be band in town that we both like - Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers if you must know - and thought it might be a good idea to get a sitter so we could go to the concert. I went online to buy tickets. Prices were reasonable but then I noticed that the show did not start until 10 p.m.
Are you kidding me? 10 pm!?!? I never ever thought I would type these words but "10 pm is late."

I know we are supposed to step outside of our comfort zone every now and then, but if we did this the day after would feel like got we stepped on by one of those great animal migrations in the Serengeti that you see on the Discovery Channel. So it looks like we will just be staying home that night and watching Parks & Recreation or Duck Dynasty or Archer.

Also, if you are a long-time reader of the blog you know that Mrs. Shife and I have seen RCPM in concert many times. We even went to Mexico to see them perform, and 10 pm was definitely not late in those days. Hell we were just getting started.

Maybe I am getting too old but I prefer to think that the comfort of my sweatpants and the company of the lovely Mrs. Shife is just not worth going downtown to get a hangover that will take me a week to get over. Plus the last time I checked Kyle and Hayden do not really care if we are dragging butt at 6 in the morning.



Even the cutest moose thinks it is crazy if Mommy and Daddy went out to a concert at 10 pm on a weeknight.






I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.

Comments

  1. Honey, I just passed up going to my daughter's bachelorette party due to many of the same reasons. It's okay. Right??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure think so, Ms. Moon. I just don't bounce back like I used to back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I am posting this at midnight on the east coast, and I'm already a zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear ya, it's just not worth it. I'm in pj's by 8:00 and in for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I feel ancient just thinking about a 10pm start and I cringe at the thought of the all night partying that I used to enjoy. Book at bedtime at, like, 9pm, is LATE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds familiar. Welcome to the 'don't bounce back as fast years". Stay home. Be comfy. Be functional for your kiddos. WIN-WIN ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fall asleep on the couch after one beer these days... 9pm is late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment